Book Your Private Lane Today
Pittsburgh, PA Axe THROWing
THROW offers private lane reservations for indoor Axe THROWing.
Book your Birthday Party – Corporate Events – Bachelor/ette – Special Occasion
Or, just book a time and come let off some steam!
2 Locations – Waterfront | Southpointe
YES! We are open and SAFE
Now that Pennsylvania is in the “green” phase, we have been cleared to re-open at a smaller capacity.
Just like we always have, we put your safety as our top priority. Here are the steps we’ve taken to make sure you can THROW safely.
- Prior to reopening we cleaned and fogged our space with CDC, EPA, FDA approved 90 day electro-static disinfectant process. What does that mean? It means that any virus or bacteria will not be able to live on any of the spaces that have been disinfected for 90 days. For us that means every inch of our space, our axes, our tablets, or any other surface you may come in contact with.
- We will also continue to clean in between groups to maintain cleanliness.
- We are currently limiting our capacity to 1-4 people per bay (2 targets), traditionally it had been 4 people per target to ensure social distancing between groups.
- Masks will be mandatory per PA state mandate. We will have a limited number of masks available for purchase if you forget yours.
- Our refund policy will remain at a 72 hour notice, as we have always been aware that things happen in life and try our best to accommodate our customers to the best of our ability. We however will be accepting cancellations and the option to reschedule up until the day of. You must call prior to your booking though. If you do not call prior to your reservation we cannot offer the opportunity to reschedule.
- We ask that any guest that is showing any sign/symptoms of any illness please call us to reschedule their event. We need to take care of each other at this time and not put anyone else at risk!
- New Hours. Please double check our new hours for our locations, as these have changed.
- If THROW needs to close in the future due to any mandates, Groupons will be accepted after we reopen, even if it has expired.
Some axe throwing ranges just let you throw, or play elimination style knockouts where you sit around more than you play.
Exactly what it sounds like. Don’t feel like competing or playing a game-Just interested in feeling the axe between your hands? Well come and Just THROW!
Keeping it simple your personal match will include 3 games. 10 axes per game (think bowling). With a total of 30 axes to be thrown. We will tally up your game totals at the end and declare a winner!
Trivia and Axes
Bring your “A” game for this one, as we will mix axe throwing and trivia to challenge you on every level. Aim for your category and unleash your inner nerd with trivia questions! Your aim will gain you points but get your question wrong and it’ll set you back!
A twist and new way to play the old school game, scrabble. Come prepared as your aim will gain you your 10 letters but in the end only your intelligence will bring home the win by spelling out the best word just like scrabble!
Think poker but there’s no luck in this game! It’s all up to you and your aim to get the best hand and win it all! Get the best hand out of 5 throws and win the jackpot!
TIC TAC THROW
A classic is brought into our axe throwing arena. A fun, easy game that anyone will enjoy! Can you get three in a row?
Axe Throwing Safety
Your gaming experiences are important to us! In addition to your gaming pleasure, we are also concerned in the safety aspect of your experience.
Our staff expects full cooperation and understanding of our house rules and game play standards.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Only referees and players throwing are permitted in the arena
- Our throwing arena is compromised of 2 locations:
- Spectator and Lounge Area: this is the area behind the yellow line. At no time are players permitted past this point, unless it is their turn to throw.
- Throwing Area is beyond the yellow line. This area is for players prepared to throw ONLY.
- The throwing lane should only be used when retrieving your axe from the target. This is the area beyond the white throwing line.
- Axes are only permitted in the throwing area.
- Only over hand throwing is permitted with one or both hands. Only one axe should be thrown at a time.
Any participant not following the rules will be asked to leave and surrender their ticket