Book Your Private Lane Today
Pittsburgh, PA Axe THROWing
THROW offers private lane reservations for indoor Axe THROWing.
Book your Birthday Party – Corporate Events – Bachelor/ette – Special Occasion
Or, just book a time and come let off some steam!
2 Locations – Waterfront | Southpointe
YES! We are open and SAFE
Now that Pennsylvania is in the “green” phase, we have been cleared to re-open at a smaller capacity.
Just like we always have, we put your safety as our top priority. Here are the steps we’ve taken to make sure you can THROW safely.
- Prior to reopening we cleaned and fogged our space with CDC, EPA, FDA approved 90 day electro-static disinfectant process. What does that mean? It means that any virus or bacteria will not be able to live on any of the spaces that have been disinfected for 90 days. For us that means every inch of our space, our axes, our tablets, or any other surface you may come in contact with.
- We will also continue to clean in between groups to maintain cleanliness.
- We are currently limiting our capacity to 1-4 people per bay (2 targets), traditionally it had been 4 people per target to ensure social distancing between groups.
- Masks will be mandatory per PA state mandate. We will have a limited number of masks available for purchase if you forget yours.
- Our refund policy will remain at a 72 hour notice, as we have always been aware that things happen in life and try our best to accommodate our customers to the best of our ability. We however will be accepting cancellations and the option to reschedule up until the day of. You must call prior to your booking though. If you do not call prior to your reservation we cannot offer the opportunity to reschedule.
- We ask that any guest that is showing any sign/symptoms of any illness please call us to reschedule their event. We need to take care of each other at this time and not put anyone else at risk!
- New Hours. Please double check our new hours for our locations, as these have changed.
- If THROW needs to close in the future due to any mandates, Groupons will be accepted after we reopen, even if it has expired.
What is Throw?
THROW is the only axe throwing facility that books by the target, offers one-hour sessions and matches, so there are NO elimination style tournaments. Everyone will THROW for their entire hour. We are not just another axe throwing company and we have taken the time to hear what people want out of an axe throwing facility!
THROW offers experiences is tailored for your desire at our two Pittsburgh, PA locations. Want to let off steam and just THROW, no problem. Want to challenge your friends or family, no problem. We have designed multi-level games that will inspire your inner-competitiveness. Play Trivia and Axes to determine who really is the smart axe and a dumb axe; Give your hand a go at TIC TAC THROW; like playing cards, try Ace’s & Axes; and lastly, forget about Words with Friends, try ScrAxel.
Who Can Play?
Friends & Family
Parties & Events
Book A Party With Us
Click the link below to contact our team to start planning your next party at THROW!
Some axe throwing ranges just let you throw, or play elimination style knockouts where you sit around more than you play.
Exactly what it sounds like. Don’t feel like competing or playing a game-Just interested in feeling the axe between your hands? Well come and Just THROW!
Keeping it simple your personal match will include 3 games. 10 axes per game (think bowling). With a total of 30 axes to be thrown. We will tally up your game totals at the end and declare a winner!
Trivia and Axes
Bring your “A” game for this one, as we will mix axe throwing and trivia to challenge you on every level. Aim for your category and unleash your inner nerd with trivia questions! Your aim will gain you points but get your question wrong and it’ll set you back!
A twist and new way to play the old school game, scrabble. Come prepared as your aim will gain you your 10 letters but in the end only your intelligence will bring home the win by spelling out the best word just like scrabble!
Think poker but there’s no luck in this game! It’s all up to you and your aim to get the best hand and win it all! Get the best hand out of 5 throws and win the jackpot!
TIC TAC THROW
A classic is brought into our axe throwing arena. A fun, easy game that anyone will enjoy! Can you get three in a row?
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ll do our best to answer your most frequent questions here, if we can’t, just contact us to answer your questions before you book.
Can I really throw axes?
Of course! Unleash your inner badass and give it a go!
Don’t be intimidated by the idea of throwing axes. Safety is our number one priority. We have trained staff that will help you get THROWing successfully.
How much is it?
It is $80/Target for one-hour. Each target can host 1-4 people. If you have 4 people that winds up being $20/person!
Additionally, we do allow walk-ins as well that is $20/person. Please see our booking portal for more information on walk-in hours.
How do I book?
Visit our booking page for the Throw location of your choice and click the book now button for all of our available dates and times.
How are you different from other Axe Throwing Facilities?
We are different in a couple of ways:
Our tournaments: Our tournaments last about 45 minutes and consist of 3 matches of 10 THROWS a person. While most Axe Throwing Tournaments consist of knocking some people out of the competition-we do not! Everyone THROWS every match!
Our experiences: We will be offering a number of game experiences that intertwine with the axe throwing. These games will not only bring your brawns to life but you’ll need that brain of yours as well! Stay tuned for more information on this one!
All Inclusive Event Options: For corporate retreats, birthday parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties, or private events we have special pricing for those wanting to enjoy axe throwing AND an escape room experience. Catering is also available. Contact us today for more details!
High Quality: Just as IQ Escape is committed to providing the best and most unique experiences in the escape room industry, we aim to do the same thing at THROW!
What do I wear?
Come dressed to the nines or in your PJ’s- it’s your call! The only requirement we have is that you have closed-toe shoes on and no heels ladies! Other than that we think you’re capable of dressing yourself!
Is it safe?
We have safety procedures and precautions to ensure a safe and fun environment. We take safety as priority #1! Any rule breakers will be asked to leave and forfeit their tickets purchased.
Review Our Safety Policy HERE
Is there an age limit?
We don’t have an age limit but limit it to strength restriction. If you are not strong enough to throw an axe in a safe manner, then we will not let you throw. (you will be refunded if we feel you are under the strength restriction).
All children under the age of 16 will need to have a guardian present.
All throwers under the age of 18 will need to have a parent/guardian sign a waiver in person, as well as themselves.
Do I have to sign a waiver?
Yes, when you arrive for your time you will be asked to sign a waiver. Anyone under the age of 18 will need a parent/guardian to sign off on the waiver as well!
Will someone teach me how to properly throw an axe?
YES! When you arrive our coach will take the first 10 minutes to teach you how to properly throw an axe and allow you some practice THROWs.
FOOD? BYOF and Catering Options are available!
Just like the booze you can bring your own grub as well at The Waterfront location. Again, our axe arena at Southpointe and South Hills at Crafthouse locations are located in a full service bar and restaurant so no outside food or drinks are allowed, but are available for purchase.
I'm allowed to bring Alcohol? BYOB Policy
We are BYOB at The Waterfront location. However, the Southpointe location is not BYOB, as our axe arena is located close to or in a full service bar and restaurant. Beer and food are available for purchase at Southpointe.
How long is the axe throwing sessions?
Our sessions are one-hour long. The session includes 10 minutes of practice and then you are off to the races!
Minimum/Maximum group sizes for private events?
Please contact us for private events. While we have regular retail hours we are available for private events during non-business hours.
Am I able to pick which game I play?
Yes! Our booking portal will ask which games you are looking to play-all games available will be listed! And if you change your mind when you arrive? No biggie we can adjust it upon arrival! Please note if you are playing one of our interactive games you will need to reserve two targets to be guaranteed these games.
If you are arranging a private event/party we can discuss itinerary and will be able to customize the experience to your liking. Contact us for more information!
Axe Throwing Safety
Your gaming experiences are important to us! In addition to your gaming pleasure, we are also concerned in the safety aspect of your experience.
Our staff expects full cooperation and understanding of our house rules and game play standards.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Only referees and players throwing are permitted in the arena
- Our throwing arena is compromised of 2 locations:
- Spectator and Lounge Area: this is the area behind the yellow line. At no time are players permitted past this point, unless it is their turn to throw.
- Throwing Area is beyond the yellow line. This area is for players prepared to throw ONLY.
- The throwing lane should only be used when retrieving your axe from the target. This is the area beyond the white throwing line.
- Axes are only permitted in the throwing area.
- Only over hand throwing is permitted with one or both hands. Only one axe should be thrown at a time.
Any participant not following the rules will be asked to leave and surrender their ticket